Sunday, February 2, 2014

Static vs Dynamic Technology in Distance Education

Technology and Media for Distance Education



In reviewing various forms of technology applicable to distance education, I find that though I embrace dynamic technologies in some areas I still utilize more static technologies in others. For example, identifying possible dynamic technologies I realized that in collaboration I use more dynamic tools in my classroom with the use and promotion of blogs, wikis, and Google Docs. However, I struggled determining content generation tools that were dynamic thus realizing that I must not use many dynamic content generation tools. This was a humbling realization because I pride myself on student creation opportunities in my class and a project-based learning approach yet the tools and technology I incorporate in my classes may not be dynamic. Bearing this in mind, I intend on doing more research into possible technologies and programs which offer students dynamic learning experiences, especially in content generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment